Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Episode #10

I'll put out a separate reminder next week about the feed/host change for the show. If you subscribe through the blog here (the little orange RSS square in the corner) or through your browser's bookmark feature you should be fine. If you don't, at the end of this month head on over to Podango to get the show. I'll be submitting the new feed to all of the usual podcast directories as well!




Gift of Gab

1. Doug Evans - I found this artist through Garageband. This song is from his album Soul Cinema. Described as "Conscious lyrics that talks about serious issues with ease and a grown up kind of humor. " Great album. You can purchase it through CD Baby.

My Life

2. BayBrotha - Also found through
Garageband, he uses a sample from one of my favorite songs by Mary J. Blige, My Life. I wish I could play her music here. At least I get to play BayBrotha's music. My Life is from his album Serious. You can purchase it through CD Baby. You can find more of his work on his MySpace page. He also has another website, Platinum Bound Music. Check it out!

For Real
3. Amel Larrieux - Again, I love her music. I've posted her
MySpace page here before but it bears repeating. You'll find all album, concert and information news there.

Uam Uam

4. Povo - I have no idea how to pronounce the name of this song but I love it! It's a fun, little piece of jazzy electronica. I think electronic music is one of the best things that's happened to jazz. For me it's the best of both worlds. Anyway, Uam Uam is an old song. Check out Povo's new stuff at their MySpace page and their website.

Break: information about feed/hosting service change for show. Just keep subscribing through the blog and show deliveries will not be disrupted.


Dragonfly
5. Universal Hall Pass - I found them through
Garageband. This group has a lot of influences and you can hear it in much of their work. Triphop comes to mind. I have to play more triphop! Anyway you can buy their latest CD, Mercury through, who else? CD Baby.

867-5309 - Jenny

6. Tommy Tutone - I decided to go back. You might be wondering why I played this song. Well, I check a site called RIAA Radar each week to see if the music that I want to play belongs to the RIAA or not. Surprisingly this song isn't on a RIAA label so I felt it was safe to play it. Hope I'm not wrong! I like it anyway. Always have! Here's their website!

Well that's it for this week! See you next time!

No comments: