Friday, March 14, 2008

Episode #19

Here's this week's show!



Hold On
1. Slick & Rose Ft. Fishscales - I find a lot of independent hip hop artists from other podcasts, like the indie hiphop feed podcast. There's so much great music to be found there like Slick and Rose. You should check out that podcast. and check out the slick and rose Myspace page for more music from them!

Faith
2. Amp Fiddler - Fiddler is a favorite hiphop artist on this show. In fact, I use his song Waltz of a Ghetto Fly as the intro and outro for this podcast. The song Faith is from his most recent album release Afro Strut. I hear he is planning on coming out with a new album in 2009.

Congo
3. Amel Larrieux - Amel is becoming one of my favorite female artists. I've played her music before. Here is her website and her Myspace page.

Break: Bebel Gilberto has recently released an exclusive iTunes EP called Live Sessions. It is a stripped down vocal and acoustic guitar album. Great songs from a great Brazilian artist. Check it out! while you're at it, you might want to check out her other albums. I can assure you, they are excellent!

Only One
4. Jeremy Kay - I enjoy Jeremy Kay as an artist. I like artists that can expand into two or more musical genres and stretch their musical abilities. He's already a great pop artist. He does soul and R&B too! You can find his music on his website and his Myspace page.

Captain Kirk
5. Bob Schneider - Bob Schneider is also a favorite artist of mine. He also spands genres from rock to pop and folk music. His website is pretty interesting! Here is his Myspace page.

I Just Wanna Celebrate
6. Rare Earth - I wondered at whether or not I should play this song. I love it so much but you never know. I checked the label the album it was produced on and so far as I can tell it isn't a RIAA song so there you go. Any way, it's an anthem and I live anthem songs. So fun to jam to and listen to! Rare Earth is still performing! Cool! Go to their website to find out concert dates and music!

Hope you enjoyed the show!

No comments: