Monday, December 15, 2008

Episode #32

 right-click to download file!

Well, here is the last show of 2008! I won't be back until the end of January 2009. I need a long break. I've been missing in action and I'm sorry. I haven't had time to write, blog, podcast or anything! Sometimes we're just too busy for our own good, but I will have a lot of great new music lined up for the next show in January. Until then, enjoy this one! My favorite songs in this episode are So Into You and Nobody Knows Me, two beautiful songs. Don't you agree?

So Into You
1.Tamia Washington - I first heard a riff from this song some years ago by some now defunct mainstream rap artist and I really liked the sound of it, I just hated the rapping over it. So I went on a quest to find out the original song and as far as I know this is it - and I've been loving it ever since. It's one of my favorite songs of all time and Tamia has a lovely voice. You can find more from her at her website.

Ashbury
2. Morgan Page - Morgan page is one of the best electronic musicians out there in my opinion. See yourself sitting back on a high rise balcony on a late summer evening, sipping a gin martini and enjoying the summer breeze, with this sultry song in the background. . .  great stuff! You can visit his site for more music and information about Page.

You Don't Know Me
3. Ben Folds - I first heard of this artist on the podcast Filmspotting. They often play interesting music in between show sections from indy artists and this is one that they've played that I really like. Find more from Ben Folds at his website.

Talk Radio
4. The Dandy Warhols - Of course I love playing the Dandy Warhols music, they being a local band as well. Really cool song from their most recent album. Find more from them at their site.

Break: Was MIA because of lots of other things that needed to get done. This episode is the last show for 2008. I will be back with new episodes in the last week of January, 2009.

Snakes in the Grass
5. Quantic - Quantic makes great music, no matter what musical formation he uses, whether it's just him or when playing with his orchestra. He makes great music and I've just purchased a few albums fomr him. look for more music from him on Urban Outside next year! You can find Quantic on his site

Nobody Knows Me
6. Aya - A wonderful new found artist that I really like. I first heard Aya on Pandora, this song in particular and I absolutely fell in love with it! it's one of those lounge-in-the-summer- evening-and-and-sip-a-drink songs. Find more from Aya here and here.

Well that's it for Urban Outside in 2008. See you next year!


No comments: