Saturday, November 1, 2008

Episode #30

Here is the show for this week!  

Right-click to download this file!

So A Musin
1. Autolect - I think that Autolect is one of the best and most creative hiphop artists on the scene. Check out and purchase his latest album Celestine Progeny either at his Myspace page, Amazon.com or Mobile Underground. You won't be disappointed.

High Noon Stank
2.The Primeridian - This song is smart, sexy, full of humor and, well, as they say on their web page about their music,"beautifully melodic, soulfully hypnotic, funked out for your listening pleasure." I agree. The Primeridian is a cool hiphop duo that hails from Chicago. Find them on their Myspace page.

Don't C Us
3. DJ Food Stamp - Dj Food Stamp is a local hiphop artists from Eugene, Oregon. This guy makes some great music. Find him on his Myspace page, check out his full length albums and Eps. Great Stuff! I even love his moniker - DJ Food Stamp! How cool is that?

Caught Red-Handed
4.FREaKS - This is a really cool song I came across on Garageband.com. it reminds me of those stripped down early 80's pop songs like Jesse's Girl or I Don't Wanna Lose Your Love Tonight by Outfield. Except this song is a little more subversive sounding! I think it's a fun song. You can find more from this band on Garageband.com. I can't seem to find any info about them anywhere else.

Black Grease
5.The Black Angels - If you've seen the  new online commercial for T-Mobile's new Google/Android/G1 Phone then you've heard this song. I love it. it's an obvious throwback to the Rolling Stones scrappy, psychodelic sixties rock. it's agreat song, almost like an anthem. Anyway it's from their album Passover. This is a great band. Check them out at their website The Black Angels.com.

Break: I have information on Autolect's newest album Celestine Progeny, Femi Kuti's newest album coming in November, Day By Day and about Singer-songwriter Brett Dennen. Background music is a song called Red Clay by Freddie Hubbard.

Angry Johnny
6. Poe - This is a great, moody, rainy day song for me and I love her voice. Of course she's got her own website where you can find all information about her, her music and concerts.

Chocolate Jesus
Tom Waits - Tom Waits is one of those one-of-a-kind artists. You either get him or you don't. I love his work and I have three albums by him, this song is on the album titled Mule Variations. If you haven't heard his music before and you like original, interesting one-of-a- kind music, get his double album Blood Money/Alice. It's one of the best albums to come out of 2002. I played Chocolate Jesus because it seemed creepy and moody and a little dark and humourous which seemed appropriate for the last day of October!

Tam Lin
Fairport Convention - I know this is a big departure from what I normally play but I love this song so much. I'm a big fan of the late Sandy Denny and Fairport Covention and I felt that this song was in keeping with the mood people get into on October 31st! It's a beautiful song in lyrics and in melody. Hope you liked it. Sadly, Sandy Denny is no longer with us but you can find more from this group at their website, old stuff and new.

I think this is a particularly great show. Hope you enjoyed it too!




No comments: