Just another blog update for listeners out there!
In January my podcast host will change from Talkshoe to Podango. I will still be using the Talkshoe feed in January to give you all time to resubscribe to the new feed but by February I won't be using the Talkshoe feed any longer nor will I be using Talkshoe as my hosting site for the show.
So, I wanted to let those of you that subscribe through the Blogger blog RSS feed first. Next in January I'll be discussing this process a little more for other subscribers that get the show through Talkshoe or through some other means about the feed change.
Friday, December 21, 2007
Last show for December!
Kaze - I listen to the Indiefeed Hip Hop podcast and I hear a lot of excellent hip hip artists through them, like Kaze. I especially love it when they give props to the old R&B and soul artists like Curtis Mayfield by using clips from those good old soul songs. If you like what you heard from Kaze you can find him at his MySpace page. You can also buy most of his music on iTunes. He's a great artist!
2. Call Cupid
Kay B - He reminds me of Tyrese and is just as handsome as Tyrese too! When you want a good R&B song to slow dance to with your man or your girl this is perfect! I found this British artists through the podsafe music network. You can also find his music on his own MySpace page.
3. Please Stay
Mindy Smith - Like I've mentioned on another post I found this artists through one of the few terrestrial stations that still play interesting music and independent artists. I love Mindy's soft, melodic vocals. I think most consider her to be alternative country. She always makes wonderfully melancholic songs.
4. Always Love
Nada Surf - I first heard about this group through NBC's Heroes TV show, (one of my favorite shows) and I'm not embarrassed to say that. You can find a lot of great music through TV. I love finding new music through my favorite TV shows. This one's a gem from their album titled Lucky. Their newest album will be coming out ion 2008! You can find them at their official site and on MySpace and you can also find concert dates there too.
5. Five After One
Kmotive - I found this artist on the podsafe music network. He reminds me of The Dining Rooms. I really like him. He has mentioned Kenna, Postal Service, Massive Attack all as influences. You can find him on the podsafe music network and on his design website. He's a graphic designer too? Awesome!
6. When 6 Loves 9
Only Child - I have the compilation album Future Lounge 3 from Stereo Deluxe Records and it's one of the best compilation albums I own. Every song is a gem. Envision yourself with an ice cold martini in and relaxing on a leather couch in some nice pad or lounge and listening to this on a summer evening. Can you? I can! Only Child is really just one artists, Justin Crawford. You can find more about him or purchase his soulful tunes him here, here, and here. And here is a BBC interview with the DJ artist.
7. Ab Ke Baras
MIDIval PunditZ - I love the PunditZ. Been loving their work for years. They are so far out and delicious! If they are featured on a compilation album like this one they have some of the best songs on the album. The only one who tops them in my opinion is Cheb I Sabbah. This song comes from the 2002 Asian Massive compilation album from Six Degrees Records Travel Series. (one of the very best labels on the planet). I own a lot of Six Degrees albums. Yu can find them on their site a, Myspace and calabash music. On the Calabash site you can find free music downloads from them and from other world artists. Check it out! Hope you enjoyed the show!
See you next year!
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Here is episode #7. Enjoy the show!
1. Keep Pace
J. Medeiros - I try to look for hip hop artists with a social conscience, artists that infuse important social or spiritual messages in their music. Medeiros makes great sounding music with a conscience. His commentary on today's world is always on point. You can find his music on his website. His new album, Of gods and girls, is excellent.
2. State of Emergency
Baba Israel and Yako - I respect artists that can make good music and inform people about their faith through that music. I found this hip hop group on the Podsafe Music network. It's refreshing when male hip hop artists make music about their faith in God rather than cashing in on cynicism, nihilism and hatred of women. You can find their music on their website, openthoughtmusic.com
3. It's Been Written - Overnite/Shifty
1st Supper - I enjoy music from 1st Supper. They are from the UK. I find most of their music for my shows on the podsafe music network. Currently their site is under construction and I don't know when it will be live but I think it's a good idea to bookmark it and come back to check often. If you want to contact them, they leave their email addresses on the Luv Productions site.
4. Acid Tokyo
KCentric - This artist's influences range from Medeski, Martin and Wood, PortisHead, John Coltrane, Outkast. Nice. You can find his work on the podsafe music network and his website.
5. Who Will Find Me?
DJ Shah featuring Adrina Thorpe - A beautiful song, if rather "techno like", it has a very lush sound that I like and Adrina's ethereal vocals make it even better. You can find more of DJ Shah's music on his MySpace page and on his website. Adrina's newest music can be found on her MySpace page. You can now purchase her music on iTunes!
Solipsistic Nation podcast promo.
6. Invisible Beatnik
The Other Chris Hardy - I found this artist on the podsafe music network and I love this song, the sound, the lyrics. Cool song! Look forward to hearing more from this artist in the future on the show. You can find this artist on the network , SoundClick and 3feetup.com.
7. Real Big Thrill
Whyjacks - Someone emailed me and told me about this band, Whyjacks. I enjoy it when listeners and readers let me know about other independent artists. That's the same way I found out about Grown Folks. Whyjacks make pop and acoustic music and they place a lot of importance on sound quality and craft. You can preview some of their music, and buy their music on their website and on the podsafe music network. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this band.
8. You Are Not Alone
Keram - I found this artists through Garageband.com. Alternative, folksy or acoustic pop music is one of my favorite kinds of music and this song's a good example of it. I really love this song. You can check out and preview a lot of his music on his Garageband site and also his artist website. He plays in a band called Blue Dog Pict. Check them out at their MySpace page.
That's it for this week. Cheers!
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Up In Michigan
1. Grown Folks - Like I said last week, you can find their music on their MySpace page or on iTunes. They have a lot of great music out there. Check them out!
Travel With me
2. Arson Optics - I found this artist through KaiZen's MySpace page. Very talented hiphop artist and a cool site. He has several albums out. You can check out some streamed audio samples at www.arsonoptics.com. Travel With Me is a beautiful song. I especially like the soulful outro at the end. Real old school. It's from the album Austin2Boston.
3. A Forest Mighty Black - From my DJ Kicks compilation album. Every song on this album is a gem - but then I think that every album produced by Thievery Corporation is a gem! You can find more music from this group on CD Universe, eMusic discogs and compost-rec.com.
Holding the Moth
4. Underworld - I love almost everything from Underworld. This comes from their latest release. Preview the album on their MySpace page.
5. Tabla Beat Matrix - From the album Tabla Beat Science, this was the very first electronica album that I ever bought and it got me hooked on electronic music. I just picked up the album randomly and decided to give it a listen right in the store. From here I broadened out my tastes. They might do the same for you. Find them on Calabash Music and CD Universe.
Break: News about Arson Optics. You can find a concert video with him performing with KaiZen on YouTube. Check it out! Background song is Una Notte a Napoli by Pink Martini from their album Hang On Little Tomato. You can stream the whole album at their website. They're a local Portland band and they make cool music.
6. Any Day In June - A cool artist from the podsafe music network, you can find his music there and at his website. His influences are venerable artists like Joy Division, The Cure, David Bowie, Jets To Brazil, Braid, Interpol, New Order. I can tell. Can you? You can find and purchase his music at iTunes, eMusic and you can find more information about his music on his MySpace page.
7. Jon Beal - I found this artist on Garageband.com. Most Christian pop sucks. Hard. But every now and then I find a Christian pop music artist that makes great sounding music. You can find out more about him and his music on his Garageband.com page.
Come With Me Tonight
8. Bob Schneider - I've been a fan of Schneider's rock/pop/acoustic style for a long time. He's a multi-talented artist just like Bruce Springsteen. His latest album, Songs Sung and Played at the the Same Time With People In The Room, is a Folk/Americana album. I love artists that venture into other genres! This is one of my favorite songs by him. You can find, stream and purchase more music on his MySpace page and from his website. The website's really cool too. Not the regular ho-hum artist website.
It Takes a Thief
9. Thievery Corporation - I'll be playing more form this awesome group in upcoming shows. I think they make the best music on the planet - just my humble opinion! This song is on their DJ Kicks album.
That's it for this week's show. Hope you enjoy it!